Tips of life insurance
Choose a life insurance could be a difficult task. Here are some tips which can help you:
- Don't take rush decision, take your time to make the right decision.
- When you buy a policy, make your check payable to the life insurance company - not the agent. Make sure there is a reception.
- Having bought a life insurance, keep in mind that you may have a "free-testing" period of 14 days after receipt of the policy. You can change your thoughts in that period. If you decide not to buy a policy of the company, then it will be cancelled and you will get an appropriate refund.
- If an agent or a company call you and wish you to cancel your current policy to buy a new one, contact your original agent or company before taking decisions. The termination of your policy to buy may therefore be very expensive for you.
- If you have a complaint about your life insurance agent or company, contact the customer service department of your life insurance company. If you are still unsatisfied, contact your state insurance service. Most insurance service have a consumer business which can help you.
- Term policies are particularly suitable for young families. (Term life insurance protects the insured for a certain period: one year, five years, ten years, so it has no function of savings, and is therefore less expensive than other types).
- Estimate your total life insurance needs by examining the needs and the different stages of your surviving spouse for life. Now take life insurance to cover these gaps.
- From time to time monitor your life insurance plan, especially when there are a significant change of your financial responsibilities.
- Talk with your husband or wife about life insurance plan so your spouse will understands which of the gaps that life insurance products are designed to fill.